"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." ~ Matthew 5:8

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, (please don't) Make Me a Match

I really appreciate Erica's post over here: it goes right along with some things I've been thinking about lately. Thanks for being so frank and thoughtful, Erica!

My Valentines' thoughts in general are actually summed up beautifully (better than I could!) by a good friend here. I feel so blessed to watch my friend grow by leaps and bounds in Jesus!

 In my life right now, Valentine's Day is not about "my man" and me -I haven't even met him yet (though I love him dearly and pray for him every day...I know, mush mush)! Right now, Valentine's Day is time for me to be patient and content as I wait on God's timing for my future. Right now, Valentine's Day is time for me to remember and grasp a little better Christ's unbelievable love for me--He loved me when I was His enemy!

 Right now is also the perfect time for me to be thankful for my parents' beautiful marriage. Beautiful because it is based in a passionate love for God. Beautiful because it is forever. Beautiful because they choose to forgive each other. Beautiful because they choose to delight in each other.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for modeling a marriage that reflects Christ and the Church.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Lissie! Even though I've never met your parents, I love watching and reading about them through the family blogs -- they seem like a really godly couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and loving your future husband is NOT "mush mush", don't you dare say that! It's really sweet. I love you.

    ReplyDelete