|Jamie with A. and my brother Alexander|
|Marcos and Oksana|
|Jamie and Marcos, photo from their blog|
One of the things I have grown to love most about these two is their sweet Christ-like marriage. It is easy to see that they love each other very much. Another amazing thing about this couple is their strong faith-their firm belief in the goodness and wisdom of God.
Why this post? I post because, eighteen long months after starting the adoption of their son (I can't say much about him because their adoption is not finalized yet), Marcos and Jamie are in Russia right now. They are preparing for the court date Monday (Sunday night for those of us in the States) that will, God willing, make them legal parents of the son they have been waiting to adopt. I'm beyond confident that they will be capable, loving, fun parents; yet I know they would treasure your prayers. I remember vividly how daunting the court date is: it is the culmination of months of paperwork re-work phone calls and emails and prayers and...well, you get the point.
Specific prayer requests:
- Help dealing with jet lag
- No mistakes in the paperwork the judge goes through!
- Faith and peace for Marcos and Jamie as they go through their court date on Monday
- That the judge will approve their case!
- Wisdom and grace as they spend time with their son; quick and deep bonding
- Healing for their son's heart after all he has gone through in his young life already
- And most importantly, that the name of the Lord Jesus will be honored and glorified through Marcos, Jamie, and their son officially becoming a family
The countless prayers friends blessed with during our adoption meant worlds to us. We saw some amazing answers to those prayers! Your prayers for Marcos and Jamie will be treasured as well.