"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." ~ Matthew 5:8

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fragments: Is there anyone out there?


Standing here, looking up,
Empty sky mirrored in my heart;
Is there anyone out there?
Can anyone hear the half-spoken prayers
I pray in the dark?
My weak, frail breath begs for answers.
If God never sleeps,
Why do I not hear replying echoes?
My prayers are soaring higher,
Up into the soulless, empty sky.
They fly past the stars
Into the blackness of awesome galaxies,
Pregnant with hope.
Oh, the piercing light of Your answers!
Even before the prayer leaps
From my lips,
You’re holding my hand.
You leave Your light-years of dying stars,
To help my dying soul.
You uphold my arms of faith
You tell me I am not alone.
You will never betray me,
Your promises are true,
You never deceive,
You love forever:
I am not alone.

~ Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment