"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." ~ Matthew 5:8

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Best Kind of Addition

Well, it seems to be high time to share with the blogging world what many of my readers know already:
 
 
Eric and I are expecting a little one in 22.5 weeks! To save you doing the math, Baby is expected to arrive (hopefully!) around September 27.

I'm definitely feeling "rounded" at 17 weeks!

Eric and I are so thankful and excited! I guess I'll jump right in with the seeming trend and answer a few questions about this week (17 weeks).
 
 
How big is baby? About the size of an onion (but much cuter!), Baby is around 5.1 inches long and weighs a whopping 5.9 ounces.
 

How I'm feeling: generally, great! I'm savoring these days of feeling pretty much myself right now. I have some aches and pains here and there, and an occasional dose of morning sickness, but my energy level is definitely higher and I am loving getting out in the spring weather!

Weight gain: it feels funny to discuss this with the online world, but hey, maybe it's good accountability! I had gained about 4 lbs as of my last appointment, but that was 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's gone up since then. Honestly that has been hard to accept at times and I'd love to keep on the healthy side, but it can get hard when I feel like a starving maniac!

Maternity clothes: Not really. My mom graciously got me some wonderful clothes, but while I can still fit into regular clothes, I'm enjoying it! I do wear dresses and skirts a lot as they are more comfortable.

Stretch marks: Not that I can tell!

Sleep: I'm generally sleeping very well, although I have some nights where I'll suddenly be wide awake at 1am and don't go back to sleep for an hour or so. I haven't had to get up in the night though and feel comfortable, which is nice.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Eggs have been a favorite lately. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs-you name it, I like it! I've also been loving lemonade or lemons in my water, as well as the occasional urge for celery.

Movement: Yes!! Probably the best part of the last 10 days or so has been feeling little bubbling popping motions that are most definitely from our munchkin. On Easter Sunday, I had to remind myself to concentrate on the sermon as Baby was dancing up a storm. That movement is so precious, reassuring, and somehow bonding. I know it gets uncomfortable later on, but even then I hope to relish it as a sign that my child is alive and well.

What I’m loving: Popsugar Fitness workout videos! They make me feel energized and somehow less huge.

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, some lower back pain, some nausea.

Exercise: Strength training/cardio videos inside, and walks/jogs outside whenever possible. I feel so much better when I do exercise.

What I’m looking forward to: Our ultrasound next week!!

Best moment of the week: More than one moment, but I'm so thankful for the times Eric puts his arms around me and tells me that he loves the changes happening in my body as I become a mommy. It means so much to have him cherish me no matter what!

Mood: Every once in a while I have a weepy day, but generally pretty normal and happy! I'm trying to "set my mind on things above" (Colossians 3:1) on the long days at home.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your Baby post! We thank God for our third grandchild! Your dad and I are so very, very blessed! Love, Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, SO excited for your new little one!!!!!!! love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete