"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." ~ Matthew 5:8

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Well Done

In New York City, en route to Moscow:

It finally has hit me: I really am going! Part of me is anything but ready; it was unbelievably hard to say goodbye to my siblings, and I am way more comfortable living a "normal" American life. If I were only going to teach, I wouldn't bother. If I were just going for the adventure, I'd probably choose a different country than the one I'm going to!

But I'm going because of Him who first loved me. I'm going because I've tasted of His goodness and discovered that the only happiness, the only way to happiness and Heaven is through complete dependence on Jesus as Savior from my shortcomings and sins. I want His name to be magnified through me! Someday, I want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."





~Lissie

1 comment:

  1. Well done, my precious daughter. I am so proud of the young woman you have become. You are a model for your other sisters in godliness! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete