"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." ~ Matthew 5:8

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Freedom!

Credit
I get a break from textbooks!!!! Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love to learn, but I was ready for a break from assignments. Ready to stop telling my siblings, "I'm sorry, I don't have time to be with you." Ready to read something other than textbooks. Ready to help my parents more. Ready to sleep a little more!

Here's some things I've been enjoying in the last few days:

  • Baking dozens of Christmas cookies with my siblings.
  • Playing Christmas duets with my violin-playing sisters.
  • Reading..and reading...and some more reading! I've gotten the chance to dig into the Word more, particularly in the book of Hebrews. I've also been reading Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, Holiness by J.C. Ryle, and a book by Nancy Wilson about living in a joyful and contented way while unmarried. All have been good! 
  • Running some errands--some are fun Christmas errands!
  • Getting back into Scripture memorization. Watch out, there's a post about the blessings of hiding His word in our hearts coming up soon...
  • Learning more about some exciting possibilities post-graduation next year. 
What do you enjoy doing during the Christmas season? 

~Lissie

2 comments:

  1. Number one would have to be MUSIC 8-) Since I have a slight lull in school I have had more time to jam with my siblings, which has been great fun. I'm also planning on catching up on reading, time with family and friends, and preparing for post-graduation stuff as well :-) I'm glad you can have a break after all that busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading Holiness and also read most the book by Nancy Wilson (at least from what you described). Imagine that!

    So glad you are able to really enjoy Christmas break!

    ~Elizabeth (from "long ago" on the CP! forums ;))

    ReplyDelete